ShockWave Therapy for ED in Plano & McKinney, TX
It is generally accepted that lack of blood flow related to blood vessel (endothelial) disease and nerve dysfunction are the causative factors leading to erectile dysfunction. Low intensity extracorporeal shock wave therapy (LIESWT) has been shown to significantly improve penile hemodynamics and induce structural changes that regenerate penile tissue. These shock waves induce the release of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) which is an important mediator in the new growth of blood vessels (angiogenesis) which improves blood flow in the penis. There is also good evidence that these shock waves improve nerve regeneration in the penis which is another very important factor in erectile dysfunction.
In addition, there have been a large number of studies regarding the use of LIESWT for the treatment of ED and Peyronie’s Disease. These studies reveal how the shock waves break down plaque in the blood vessels to increase blood flow as well as break down the plaque in the penis that is the source of Peyronie’s Disease. These studies present very encouraging results utilizing this treatment modality.
How does ShockWave Therapy Work?
Low Intensity ShockWave Therapy can provide improved blood supply, nerve regeneration and plaque breakdown for patients without causing significant tissue damage and potential long term problems including worsening of erectile dysfunction or plaque formation that can be seen with higher intensity devices.
The Evive™ Shock Wave system utilized by Dr. Wierschem is a Low Intensity ShockWave Therapy that is highly effective for his patients suffering Erectile Dysfunction, Peyronie’s Disease and even Chronic Pelvic Pain. The procedure is a 20 minute, painless treatment that requires no medication or downtime. This exact system is utilized by other providers across the country and has been featured in Men’s Health Magazine, ABC News, Urology Times, and Playboy Magazine.
Advantages of Evive™ ShockWave Therapy
- enhances erections
- improves sexual performance
- increases sensation in the penis
- better orgasms
- no need for drugs or surgery
- simple, in-office procedure
- over 75% success rate
- no downtime
- little to no side effects
ShockWave Therapy is commonly utilized along with the Priapus Shot® or P-Shot® to improve results in both Erectile Dysfunction and Peyronie’s Disease. Penile Girth Enhancement offered by Dr. Wierschem can also be utilized to enhance the sexual experience even more! No other doctor or facility can offer all of these treatment options in one location.
It is important to remember that not all providers of Shock Wave Therapy or PRP/P-Shot® are expertly trained in the pathophysiology of the male genitalia. Many times, the provider that consults with you and treats you is not even a doctor. Dr. Wierschem is a board-certified urologist who has extensive experience in diagnosing and treating all aspects of Men’s Health issues, most specifically the male genitalia. He consults and treats every patient himself.
Schedule a Consultation in Plano, TX
To learn more about ShockWave Therapy for ED treatment, contact our office today at (972) 596-6733 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Wierschem.
- Low-intensity Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment Improves Erectile Function: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. European Association of Urology 5/31/2016. Zhihua vLu a,b, vGuiting Lin a, Amanda Reed-Maldonado a, Chunxi Wangb, Yung-Chin Lee c, Tom F. Lue a,*
- Tadalafil once daily and extracorporeal shock wave therapy in the management of patients with Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction: results from a prospective randomized trial International Journal of Urology 9/18/2011 A. Palmieri, C. Imbimbo, M. Creta, P. Verze, F. Fusco and V. Mirone Department of Urology, University Federico II of Naples, Naples, Italy
- Shockwave treatment of erectile dysfunction Therapeutic Advances in Urology 2013. Ilan Gruenwald, Boaz Appel, Noam D. Kitrey and Yoram Vardi